Health and Social Care Apprenticeship
Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
At AAA Training Solutions we continually invest in developing the highest quality qualifications needed for the care industry, making us the UK’s leading sector specialist. Created by experts, our qualifications are successfully working for learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, we’ve gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
Our qualifications are comprehensive yet practical and easy to understand. Taking the right qualification is a fantastic experience and one of the best ways to build a professional career in care.
This apprenticeship is perfect if you want to work in, or progress, your career in health and social care. Available at both intermediate and advanced levels, the training gives you the skills to work in a range of care environments including hospitals, health centres, educational and community centres, residential homes and advice centres.
Whether you’re already working or we find a placement for you, you’ll be working in assistant roles supporting your team and the patients in your care.
During the course of your apprenticeship you will complete:
• Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
• Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (Not in Wales)
• Level 1 Functional Skills (Essential Skills in Wales)
This apprenticeship provides you with an excellent starting point to begin specialising in a range of areas in health and social care. Training for this apprenticeship is based around a combination of mandatory and optional modules. We help you put together the right mix of modules to fit the job you do and the way you want to develop your career.
• Introduction to communication in health and social care settings
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health and social care settings
• Introduction to personal development in health and social care settings
• Introduction to duty of care in health and social care settings
• Purpose of principles of independent advocacy
• Dementia awareness
• Provide support for leisure activities
• Work with other professionals and agencies to support individuals with a physical
These are just a few examples of the many optional units you can choose from.
There are no formal entry requirements but you will need to have a basic level of English and maths. Once you've attended an interview, we will place you in an appropriate role if you're not already employed in a care role.
Undertaking an apprenticeship is a convenient way to take the next step in your career, and has the benefit of allowing you to earn as you learn. For our learners we pride ourselves on creating a welcoming and supportive learning environment. So there’s no need to worry if you haven’t undertaken any study since your schooldays, we take this into account to make sure your learning experience is both enjoyable and rewarding.
If you have any questions about the Health and Social Care Apprenticeship please contact us on our local rate number 0345 163 2170 or send us an email.